So now is the time that jobs are being split out amongst family and friends so why not offer to make the cranberry relish to go with the turkey. This recipe direct from the kitchens of Killashee is simple and easy to make.
500g Fresh cranberries
1 orange – zest & juice
1 cinnamon stick
200ml Red wine
250g Brown sugar
1. Place the following in a large saucepan: wine, orange juice, zest, cinnamon stick and brown sugar.
2. Heat until mixture has reduced by half.
3. Add in half the cranberries and reduce until it is of jam like consistency.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining cranberries.
5. Remove cinnamon stick.
6. Serve chunky and hot or it is equally delicious cold in a sandwich the next day.